"The experiences of young adults when their heterosexual parents 'Come Out' as lesbian or gay"
My name is Rudie Pamer and I am a postgraduate student in the School of Applied Social Studies at University College Cork. I am looking for volunteers to participate in my Masters thesis "The experiences of young adults when their heterosexual parents 'Come Out' as lesbian or gay."
Are you aged between 18 and 29 years? Do you have at least one parent who has ‘come out’ as lesbian or gay from a heterosexual identity during your childhood?
If so, you can participate in this study in four ways:
1. Through filling out an online questionnaire. This should not take longer than 15 minutes. Please follow this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XCDSYM3
2. Through an informal face-to-face interview with me lasting for about 40 minute.
3. Through taking part in a once off focus group of a maximum of six people lasting approximately 90 minutes.
4. If you do not feel like taking part in this study at all, please, tell your friends, colleagues, partner, neighbours etc. about it and pass on this information. Thank you.
Participation is open until the end of May 2012
For further details or to volunteer, please contact Rudie Pamer on 087-2240400 or at email@example.com
* If you volunteer, you can be assured that all of your information will be completely confidential. This study is supervised by Ms. Lydia Sapouna, who can be contacted on 021-4903495 or atL.Sapouna@ucc.ie