The LGBT Diversity Regional Seminars will be taking place on May 21st and 28th. These are free events, but places are limited. Check the Events page for more information.
Rainbow Support Services Wish to seek to recruit an LGBT Youth Officer, (18 hours per week) To work with Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender (LGBT) Young People (aged 13-25) in the Sexual Orientation & Sexual Health Youth Peer Education Project and LGBT Youth Groups in the Mid West region.
The successful candidate will:
* Develop and enhance the existing LGBT youth groups
* Deliver one to one support to LGBT young people & their family members.
* Co-ordinate and deliver an new initiative, ‘sexual orientation and sexual health youth peer education programme’- Recruit, train, organise and support FETAC accreditation/s for 4 to 6 LGBT youth/young adults to become LGBT Youth Peer Educators.
* Work closely with relevant agencies in building the capacity of youth services to create more LGBT friendly and inclusive youth provision.
Qualifications & Experience:
* 2/3 year experience of working with youth/community groups is essential.
* Knowledge of LGBT issues and sexual health is essential.
* A recognised qualification in Youth and Community Work or equivalent is desirable
* Experience of group/facilitation and delivering training is essential.
Apply with cover letter and CV to:
Rainbow Support Services Ltd
1st Floor Offices, Foxes Bow
William Street, Limerick
For a full job description email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 061 310101
Closing date for receipt of applications 5pm Wednesday 20th April 2011